What's the deal with cell phones?

Ok, I know I am in the minority. I don't currently have a cell phone. My hubby has one for work and that has been fine, but with winter coming and having to take Grace to school every day, I have decided it is time for me to think about getting one.


We went to Radio Shack last night. I know that I want something along the lines of a Blackberry but there are just WAY too many to choose from. The thing that floored me was that Sprint has a plan that costs $100 a month. Granted, this includes unlimited EVERYTHING, but for what I would use it for this seems high. I do need to have access to my email, so right there puts me at a minimum $70 per month plan - maybe the $100 a month isn't so terrible?

We currently have our internet, phone, and cable through Time Warner as part of their bundle package. I am sure we can drop our phone, but don't know if the price will decrease - again, there is a reason they offer the deal with the bundle.

So, anyway. Can any of you give me some tips on what phones you like, and what provider you would suggest? Here are a few I am considering:












The BlackBerry Curve 8310 Titanium








The Motorola Q9c (love the color on this one)!













Samsung Instinct















Any suggestions?

 

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

The Way it works in California is that the Blackberry costs $30 a month for the internet and e-mail connection. If you don't have to pay for the phone go with the free one. They still work as good as all the gadget phones. Trust me once you get one you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

November 7, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Virgo Clock