The election...I'm so glad it's over



It's official. We now have a new president. Now, it's time to start the debate. I DO NOT vote, never have and probably never will. This has been a source of many arguments among my friends and family. You are probably wondering why I don't vote. I honestly do not believe that my vote counts...at least where the Presidential election is concerned. I think that it is decided before the election even starts. And honestly, you won't convince me otherwise.

That said, if I was going to vote it would have been for Obama. The Repulicans certainly haven't proved that they have what it takes to run this country for the past 8 years. I am not saying that the Democrats are going to fair any better, but they certainly deserve a shot.

Did you vote? If so, who did you vote for and why? I'm not trying to start any arguments, I am just curious. No matter what I think we are all hoping for some change to take place in this country and maybe this is just the man to do it.

 

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Yes, I voted! For Obama, as a matter of fact and damned proud of that too!
As to your decisions/reason for not voting -I can only offer this -if each and every person around the country took that same stance, then no one would be voting and someone then could rise up and say "I proclaim" and pull off a one-person coup. Certainly with the numbers being what they are in the elections, it may seem that one vote will not be missed, but ultimately it could actually be that one vote that pushes one person -or another -on to victory, over the edge, whatever. Just my humble opinion.

November 5, 2008 at 9:55 AM
Morgan Mandel said...

I voted for McCain. The main reason I did so is he stands for Pro Life. I've heard too many horror stories about how they can legally kill off babies, even if they get born live by mistake.

I was still very moved by the joy on the people's faces when Obama was elected, just wish he believed in the same things as I do.
Morgan Mandel

November 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Rebecca said...

Voting is a right in this country and we should do everything in our power to support the candidates and the country by voting. Do you know that in other countries they declare voting day a holiday and people come from hundreds of miles away to the center of the capital to vote. It's certainly easier in America where there must be a polling station every few miles. Consider voting just because you can.

November 7, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Virgo Clock