12 Years ago I became an Aunt


My niece is 12 today. I don't have any current pictures of her available - they need to be scanned and I didn't have time for that. I just wanted to write a quick post about her.

She was born at 3:43 P.M., and weighed 8lbs. 10 ozs. She was 20 inches long. I was with my sister the whole way, and it was a hard delivery because she was induced. I don't know what it's like to go into labor naturally as I was induced
with Grace as well and it means labor comes hard and fast.

She was one of the happiest babies around, and I have included some of my favorite pictures of her from when she was little (she'd probably kill me if she knew). At 6 months she weighed 21 lbs. That's right, at 6 months. To put that into perspective, Grace is almost 5 and weighs 35 lbs. Granted, she is on the light side in weight, but this was one chunky baby.

If only you could see her now. At 12 she is lucky if she weighs 70 lbs. She is on the short side - as a matter of fact she hands down her clothes to Grace and they are only about 2 or 3 sizes too big even though there are 8 years between them.

But she is one of the greatest kids out there, with wit and attitude to spare. She isn't necessarily disrespectful, she just questions things that she doesn't feel are right.

I love you Elizabeth, and hope you have a great birthday!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

 

0 comments:

Virgo Clock